Thursday, January 19, 2012

Loaded Baked Potato Soup

Cold weather makes me want soup!
So what did I do, I made some!
Here's what you need:
  • 5 lb bag of potatoes
  • 1 1/2 sticks of butter
  • 8 oz sour cream
  • 1 pkg of real bacon pieces or 1 lb of bacon
  • chives
  • cheddar cheese
optional: potato masher
might need: a little bit of milk

wash the potatoes
Cut up the potatoes into chunks. (slice potato long ways, then down middle of each 1/2, & then crossways about a 1/2 inch wide)


  


Put potatoes in pot
(I know, you could figure that out!)



  

add water to cover
 turn on burner medium high-ish







set timer for 30 minutes
let cook
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 Watch your pot or this might happen,
 not that this happened to me.......lol






 take potato piece
out and smoosh it
(checking its done-ness)







 add butter



 
add sour cream



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
add bacon pieces

  



 

                      
add chives
2-3 tablespoons,
I did 2 palm of my handfuls
salt and pepper to taste
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Top with cheddar cheese.........
 
 

Voila, dinner is served!


4 comments:

  1. Thanks for making this so easy to follow! I will have to test this out soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try this out for dinner tonight! We love potato soup!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this recipe, I like recipes that have useful ingredients...I hate to buy an item for 1 recipe and never use that item again. These ingredients are usually always in my fridge/pantry! Thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete